Play in new window
For today’s English lesson, let’s check out how to use Both, either and neither. First, listen to this short story: There is going to be a big meeting in Chicago next week and we are trying to decide who we can send from the office. Both Jenny and Jack have too much work to do, so neither of them can go. That leaves us with either Tommy or Joe. I’d like to see both of them go, but it would be hard to get the ok from the boss for that. Well, maybe I should just go!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the
for the details:
- Both guys will attend the meeting.
- I saw both movies a long time ago.
- Apples and oranges? Both are good, but I prefer oranges.
- Both Jack and Tom will attend the meeting.
- I enjoy both jogging and hiking.
- I like to eat both apples and oranges.
- Both of those guys will attend the meeting.
- I saw both of the movies a long time ago.
- Both of these cups belonged to my grandmother.
- Both of you need to work a little harder.
- I think both of them will attend the meeting.
- Both of us wish you a very happy birthday.
- Jack can’t swim and I can’t either.
- Tommy doesn’t have Jenny’s phone number? I don’t either.
- I talked to Joe and he isn’t going either.
- Either Jack or Tom will attend the meeting.
- I want to see either Casablanca or Titanic. They are my favorite movies.
- According to the menu, we can have either ice cream, pie or cake for dessert.
- We can either go shopping or see a movie.
- We will either have to pay someone to repair this coffee maker or just find a new one.
- The keys are either in your jacket pocket or you left them in the car.
- Neither of you are working hard enough.
- I think neither of them will attend the meeting.
- Neither of us understood what he was talking about.
- Neither Jack nor Tom will attend the meeting.
- I enjoy neither jogging nor hiking.
- I eat neither apples nor oranges.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
All of my Podcast English Lessons
Free Sample HERE
Buy It Here
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Buy It Here
eBOOKs & PAPERBACKS
Chuyên mục: Kiến thức